This being my first book,I was a fish out water and I had no idea where to start. Hiring Lisa to do my cover was the wisest decision I could have ever made. She guided me through the process, and helped me to reach my desired goal..
Charles D. Henley
It's been a real pleasure working with Lisa and I highly recommend her to any author looking for that perfect cover. What she can do is truly magic. It's great working with someone that truly loves and trusts the Lord Jesus! Thanks Again Lisa!
Larry Nemitz-The Pinedale Incident
Lisa is creative in her work, the passion and the rate at which she works is exemplary. You're sure to get a service far beyond what you paid, what she does is more than a job for mere livelihood but a dream is been fulfilled as she designs your work.
Ayodeji D. Olusanmi
Lisa has an intuitive talent for design. She combines superior technical knowledge with expert marketing experience and outrageous artistic talent for amazing results.
Marni Spencer Devlin
I made the right choice. Lisa was amazingly helpful; had great ideas (and even better instincts); and took the initiative to push things along without me hounding her. Additionally, she was extraordinarily patient with me--a new author.
Lisa has done book covers for three of my clients so far and each one is super-pleased with how well she captured the message of their book. I will be referring her to many more.
Edie Glaser-Crafting Stones
Outstanding work, quick delivery, easy communication. Appreciate the hard work!
Lisa did a great job, worked extremely fast and met all deadlines with plenty of time to spare. She was very accommodating to requests, collaborated well on ideas, was very thoughtful in interpreting my needs and requests even when I was vague. I recommend her and would work with her again.
Kimberly –Caring Hearts Play Therapy
I made the right choice. Lisa was amazingly helpful; had great ideas (and even better
instincts); and took the initiative to push things along without me hounding her.
Additionally, she was extraordinarily patient with me--a new author.
– Michelle Blakey Walker - Locating Louis
Book Design Checklist
for Getting Started
- Final size of your book (most books by self-publishers are 5.5 x 8.5, or 6 x 9)
- Name and website address of printer.
- Name and website address of publisher.
- Book cover (paperback or hard cover)
- Binding and paper choice (most books by self publishers are perfect bound, laminate on white stock).
- ISBN number (I can provide the barcode for free)
- Number of pages (The interior of the book needs to be typeset and ready to submit to the printer before the page count can be known. Let me know if you need help with editing or formatting the interior of your manuscript. The book cover can be in development while the interior layout is in process but cannot be finished without the final page count)
- Book title, subtitle, and author’s name as it will appear on the cover.
- Short synopsis of book (for my own information).
- Ideas for cover, which can be developed during consultation.
- Helpful: Provide samples of book covers (on Amazon for example) that have the general feeling for what you would like to see on your cover. Explain why you like the sample covers.
- $200 deposit before work can begin (Final payment due before final files are released to you or the printer. See Book Cover Price Packages for more info, along with The Design Process to know what else to expect.
Complete our Book Specs form to provide this necessary data.
Checklist of Required Items (Click HERE for a pdf)
A $200 deposit is required before work can begin.
Total is due before final files are provided. Download the Cover Design Service Agreement for more information.
All of the data on the Book Cover Spec form is needed before a book cover can be
considered complete. Use the Checklist for Getting Started to help you gather the
information required. The Design Process will help you understand what to expect.
Contact us if you have any questions.
po box 1382,
Running Springs, CA 92382
|Christian Writers Conferences|
|Articles for Christian Authors|
|Guides for Authors|